What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
While checking a used car’s physical and mechanical condition is important, you’re going to want to also check the mileage. Many drivers will say to stay clear of a used car with over 100,000 miles, but that isn’t necessarily always the case. As long as the vehicle is well maintained, having high mileage doesn’t mean that it’s a bad buy. You’ll also want to consider the pre-owned vehicle’s condition, location, and usage. Learn more about our pre-owned models as well as how to know what good mileage on a used car is with Bob Ross Buick GMC.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
In addition to the mileage, you’ll want to keep in mind a few other factors before purchasing a used vehicle, with high-mileage or not:
- Usage – A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will wear down sooner than one that has racked up 75,000 miles on the open highway. Make sure that you get the previous owner’s driving history before you buy.
- Location – Models driven in a dry, warm climate often undergo less stress than a vehicle from a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Make sure a certified mechanic inspects the vehicle to diagnose any issues, including rust or mechanical issues, that will need fixed and figure these costs into the budget.
- Maintenance – Check the maintenance history to ensure the previous owner has kept up with routine maintenance like oil change services. If the vehicle has an irregular service history, it’s more likely it will need more expensive repairs in the future.
Mileage vs. Age
Sometimes a newer car with high mileage is a better option than a low-mileage older car. Some factors to keep in mind when looking to buy used include:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly will often have higher repair costs. Mechanical issues, or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, can develop if a car isn’t driven on a regular basis.
- If a vehicle has been well-maintained with a good history of keeping up with the service schedule, this is preferable to a vehicle that has been neglected.
- Low mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
A Certified Pre-Owned model is worth considering if your goal is to purchase a like-new, low-mileage vehicle, however, you’ll want to check the maintenance history just in case.
Find Used Cars at Bob Ross Buick GMC Today!
When in need of some assistance looking for the right pre-owned model for you and your budget, trust the staff at Bob Ross Buick GMC. We have a wide variety of used and Certified Pre-Owned models for you to choose from. We also offer used vehicle specials to make getting behind the wheel of a new-to-you vehicle more affordable. If you have any questions, please contact Bob Ross Buick GMC.
More From Bob Ross Buick GMC
For Kettering drivers looking for a new family-friendly SUV, the 2019 Buick Enclave provides power, innovative technology, and advanced safety on Bellbrook roads and beyond. But don’t just take our word for it. Read the 2019 Buick Enclave reviews and see what this Buick SUV has to offer your commutes. Learn MoreBrowse Inventory Buick Enclave…
The 2019 Buick Encore is decidedly more upscale than most subcompact crossovers, so you’ll receive high-end features and indulgent creature comforts across all Buick Encore trim levels. Options include the 1SV, Preferred, Sport Touring, and Essence. Read on to find out what makes each one unique. Learn MoreBrowse Inventory Buick Encore 1SV Buick has developed an…
When looking for your next GMC SUV, check out the 2019 GMC Acadia. Not only does this model offer plenty of performance options, but you’ll also enjoy the many benefits this power gives you on Kettering roads. Browse the GMC Acadia specs and more with us at Bob Ross Buick GMC today! Learn MoreBrowse Inventory GMC Acadia…